JAlba 2020 is now open for registration! This will be the third edition; you can see comments and pictures from previous years on the home page. The programme this year will be similar to previous years: each morning, we’ll talk about Java and its ecosystem – various other things that interest us – and each afternoon and evening we’ll carry on talking, on outings and over dinner.
Attendance is by invitation, and numbers are limited: if you haven’t received an invitation, please send e-mail to email@example.com. We try to get a good mix of people, so it helps if you can say something about yourself.
Registering now will guarantee that you’re in — and it will get you the early bird price reduction (for only a few days — up to midnight on 2nd February!).
The registration link is at the bottom of this page. But please read the following notes first! Of course, if you have any questions, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- on the registration page you’ll find:
- the JAlba ticket;
- the Glencoe trip ticket. Please read the Glencoe page first. This ticket is currently showing “Sold Out”, but the waitlist has good chances. If you want to be on the waitlist, mail email@example.com. We’ll finalise the Glencoe bookings by mid-February;
- an option to contribute to the scholarship fund. Details of this fund are on the cost page, but in brief: this will help to enable someone to come who wouldn’t otherwise have been able to, especially if they were from a background under-represented in tech;
- after you hit the “Checkout” button, there is one more option: to buy carbon offsets. Details of the JAlba scheme are on the carbon offset page but, in brief: please buy enough to offset at least one tonne of CO2, roughly the average that people will emit in coming to JAlba;
- finally, please don’t forget your accommodation! Full details of the block allocation we’ve secured are on the accommodation page. (You can always cancel if there’s a late problem.)