After more than 20 years, Java is still at the head of programming languages. For even longer, Scotland (called in Gaelic “Alba”) has been at the head of the world’s nations. What could make more sense than to put the two together, with a Java unconference in Edinburgh, the Athens of the North?
So the fourth edition of the coolest Java unconference there is (note: nothing to do with the Scottish climate!), will kick off on 4th May 2023. Around thirty super-interesting people will meet to spend three days talking about Java, the Java ecosystem, wider technology questions, and—well, everything that interests them. And to enjoy Edinburgh—the UK’s best place to visit—with world-class architecture, superb scenery, Scotland’s history concentrated into a few hundred metres, and of course the world’s best whisky!
- “people’s openness and willingness to share knowledge. Organization was great also”
- “excellent setup, high quality participants, very good atmosphere”
- “great sessions, interesting afternoon program, good food”
- “knowledgeable people, great location, whisky”
- “building relationships with fellow passionate developers”
- “the never ending conversations. The whole trip was just overflowing with ideas and stories”
- “I really enjoyed every minute of JAlba! The conversations and contact with everyone was great”
- “Thank you again for a wonderful event! I’m looking forward to 2020 :-)”
- “I was really inspired by the passion and enthusiasm everyone seemed to have, not only for Java, but for their profession and for various projects, and that is definitely something valuable I took home with me”
- “I can’t think of anything I did not enjoy, to be honest”